This will be your guide on how to market your business on Facebook. I will be sure to cover all the essentials like how to set up a Facebook Business page as well as tips the pro’s use. All the info here will get you great results if you implement and stay consistent.
Facebook is the most popular Social site used for sharing pictures, updates on your life as well as links. Facebook is a massive asset to your business as nearly every demographic imaginable uses it. Facebook allows you to have a constant stream from your followers as well as allows you to publish a constant stream to your followers, companies, groups, and any connection you’ve made there. The ability to share galleries of photos, create events as well as manage them, and engage on a very personal level with your customers, and following which is a extremely valuable asset in business.
Essential in my opinion is a Facebook Business Page and its as easy ever to get set up. However, setting up for success may take a few more steps. To create a FB page go to https://Facebook.com/pages/create/ and follow the steps. Once you have created your page you will want to make some improvements that will have a huge impact later on.
The importance of branding your Facebook page is a essential step and cannot be overlooked. Establishing brand recognition is key, this is how your page will stand out from the crowd. If you have the tools to utilize the Facebook Timeline its very easy to create a long ever lasting impression. A visual impression for many attaches more of a impression than plain text. Your Facebook page is where you want to entertain current and potential customers. To establish this impression there are a few points you want to ensure are accomplished and they are filling out the about section, create custom tabs, and create visuals for your cover photo as well as your profile picture.
Visuals on your page play a important role on first impressions. The cover photo you choose is the first thing people see when they land on your page. The cover photo is the big image that appears before all the content on your page. The cover photo must be unique, eye catching and true to your brands image. This area can create a long-lasting impression if the quality is compelling enough. The image you choose for the cover needs to be eye catching and depict what or how your brand can help them. With your profile picture, your goal should be to communicate you, maybe your logo or companies logo, a team shot, maybe even your workplace. This will ensure your page is easily recognizable across Facebook. Finally, but not least important by any means is to set up personalized images for the custom tabs you create for your page. You can create a image that directs the attention to the tab that represents your brand or companies depending what your page’s target market is. Using the app Mailchimp eases personalizing images.
Who is your target audience? What type of things do you plan on sharing and talking about? Know what type of interaction your looking for from your fans, are you looking for likes? Comments? Maybe shares? Knowing what questions you want to answer before starting Facebook Marketing will ensure success and narrow down your plan. You want to determine how much time your going to spend on Facebook Marketing, I will add a simple game plan to help master effectively using the time you have on Facebook.
Daily – Post & Interact
Post a min of 3-5 per week (I personally do 3 a day). This will keep you on the mind of your followers. Your content should grab attention, provide value, be shareable and engaging. You want to like and comment on any comments you may get on your fan page or profile as this keeps your post at the top.
Weekly – Build Influence
Constantly building your social influence is imperative. You want to be always doing activities that will get you more page likes. You can start by asking your friends to like your page as well as using the “invite friends” button on your page. You could offer a incentive, maybe a coupon or entry into a draw. You could also do a contest that will require page likes. Lastly, you can promote meaning pay for some advertising thru post boosts or invites. Both are paid services through Facebook. I also ask my current followers to invite their friends and give them a incentive.
Monthly – Plan, Implement, & Measure
Every month, at least once I plan and implement higher level strategies. This is a good reason you need a Mentor not just a sponsor. Each and every month use a calendar to plan out such strategies like promotions, coupons, or maybe a quick poll to see where your standing on a particular matter. Atleast once per month you should take the time to look at your Facebook Page Insights to see what’s working well and whats not so you can make the applicable changes in order to drive business up and to a new level. After all isn’t that why your reading this?
THE PERFECT FACEBOOK POST
- Keep it short, with impact.
- Always use pics or image’s, maybe even quotes. This will dramatically increase views. Always make sure to size images properly. A great tool is http://quickies.co/pagesizes
- Images should be used to DEMAMD attention, they need to have a high level of impact to accomplish this. Almost 80% of Facebook users are on mobile and have little screens and limited time.
- In every post be sure to include a Call To Action. Phrases like “feel free to share”, ” like if you agree”, “check this out”, or even ” tag a friend who you think this info would be useful too”. This will boost interaction which keeps your posts fresh and at the top. Feel free to even ask your followers to sign up for a newsletter or blog you do to keep connected. I like to use contests here too, really anything to keep interaction coming in.
PROMOTING YOUR BUSINESS – Getting The Most From Facebook
Post regularly and consistently – Atleast twice a day in my opinion. Your priority posting should be to stay at the top of your followers mind. The more consistent you are with posting quality, value packed content the more consistently your audience will grow.
Stand out – If you commit to only posting extremely useful content you will stand out. If your posts get constant interaction the more likely it will be seen as soon as your followers log onto their Facebook Account.
Schedule your posts ahead of time –If you know your going to be busy or away from your computer when you would normally update your social media accounts then schedule the ahead of time. This helps consistency, plan your time better, as well as stay on the top of all your followers news feed. Even pre writing your posts so that when the time comes your ready to just copy & paste it; I know for me posting can be time consuming, especially keeping all our guidelines learnt to master Facebook for Business. Always giving the most value away in the most beneficial way possible is most definitely a art that needs perfection. I like to use Hootsuite App to schedule posts. Hootsuite works with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, there is a free version if you would like to give it a try, of course the functions are limited there.
Share links – When sharing links be sure to keep info relative to your business. Personally I share my latest blog post, a new YouTube video, a article I found particularly useful and I always always share any type of celebration. No type of celebration is too small. Always congratulate your business partners for their accomplishments publically. Everyone is drawn to positivity, team work and someone doing exceptionally well.
Engage your community – Always respond to comments, ask questions, and Like other pages on Facebook including other businesses even local ones on a daily basis. Usually if you like, comment or share something for another they will return the favour. Let’s face it; Network Marketing is a popularity contest. Your goal should always be to acquire more popularity. I’m saying a important strategy is doing for others what you want done for you in return.
Encourage fan participation – This is your Facebook page, you can get your audience participating by offering contests, special offers, taking polls to gain info on a particular matter, maybe even a exclusive download. There are lots of ways, keep trying new methods until the results are favourable.
BUILD YOUR INFLUENCE WITH MORE PAGE LIKES
Invite all your friends to like your business page.
Leave Your Facebook Page Link Everywhere You Can
- Email signatures
- Printed Business Material like cards, brochures, pamphlets, sales sheets, folders, everything you give to a prospect via online or by hand. Brand it with your info.
- Company vehicles
- Hyperlink anything that says “Follow us on Facebook for the latest offers and news“. Also if you put signs up include a “Follow Us on Facebook” read.
- Add a Facebook Like Box to your website. Get info on doing this here http://quickies.co/likebox .
Reward Fans with things like coupons, free one on one training with you, or a offer for Liking Your Fan Page.
Comment on other’s pages as your company, you can comment using your page’s title as soon as there’s one linked meaning created from said Facebook profile.
Cross-Promote with other companies and Network Marketers by hosting promotions or contests for your followers. You can ask these companies and network Marketers to do the same, both will grow their businesses and followers.
Advertise lots on Facebook. Promoted (paid) posts and well constructed ads can be very effective, you need to pay special attention to your target market and promote the way that interests them.
HOW TO MEASURE SUCCESS ON FACEBOOK
Unlock Facebook Insights will happen naturally once you have 30 Likes or more on your page. Insights is a extremely powerful tool used to analyze data connected to page likes, reach engagement, and popularity of posts. The reason Insights is so important is because it communicates to you which posts were most effective and who, what informationur primary audience is that follows your page.
When you see the amount of likes and comments as well as shares increasing week after week, month after month you can celebrate as this means your IMPACT (one of our core values) is making a difference and people are interested in you and what you have to say. SUCCESS
If your page has people checking in and being talked about, CELEBRATE! SUCCESS! (Info on this can be found under your page name next to your profile image or in Facebook Insights.)
Google Analytics is a very helpful tool to track your website traffic. You can identify where your visitors are coming from, if its Facebook …..Celebrate!! Success!!
USING FACEBOOK LIKE A PRO – Tips Yo Succeed
1. Stay Focused On Your Business: Always tie all of your content (anything you post) back to your product or service. Post and share any valuable (keyword) industry related news or information. Create and brand your content around your business and if you share anything from your audience make sure its relevant to your business and brand.
2. Put A Call To Action On Your Cover Photo. You can do things like point to a custom tab, highlight certain events or have a tageline. Facebook no longer has a 20% text rule, don’t over do your photos tho. Remember a picture is worth a thousand words and if it isnt then it shouldn’t be your cover photo.
3. The Best Time To Post On Facebook for B2B is between 1:00 PM TO 4:00 PM weekdays especially Wednesdays. B2C, after work hours and on weekends. Always check your Facebook Insights and see when the best time is to catch your fans online. (To view this info look under Posts Tab)
4. Install Some Apps For Your Facebook Page; Apps like Mailchimp are useful to get a email list. Custom tabs like your YouYube channel or any custom content that you want really. This improves brand recognition. You will need someone that can help and has knowledge of HTML & CSS Coding.
5. Enable The “Check In’ Feature; this is really useful when your goal is to be seen by all your followers friends. When one of your followers checks into your business page it posts to their timeline which is obviously seen by their friends list. Imagine all those possibilities, they truly are endless. Simply change your business category to “Local Business” and have your address listed under page info to enable this super cool feature.
6. Download Ready-Made Table Tents and “Check-In” Decals or Stickers; You can take business promotion on your Facebook page to a whole new level by downloading free promotional items fromFacebook at http://quickies.co/fbpromotools .
7. Use Facebook Social Plugins to connect featured content like embedded posts, activity feeds and even a fun “Face Pile”feature from your Facebook Page to your Website. You can learn how to here http://quickies.co/fbplugins .
8. Tag Others In Your Posts to build a active community and promote others. When you promote others it feels good and builds good business and will increase your followers. For example, if you go to a even tag the organizer, tag clients, maybe a author of a article your sharing, you get it? Many will respond back , so tag to drive interaction for all.
I hope that this post brings you much value and helps your business explode on Facebook. I know these practices practiced consistently has brought me a massive Facebook presence so I know it will for you. Just put the tools to work for you.
See you on my next blog post, until then work hard, play hard and Love Life!!